Frequently asked questions about our mobile banking app
Do I have to pay anything?
Absolutely not. The Penfinancial Mobile App is free for our members to download, and you will never be charged for using the app. However, since the mobile app uses data, your carrier may charge, so standard data and messaging rates may apply.
How do I download the mobile app on my iPhone?
The Penfinancial Mobile App can be downloaded in just four easy steps:
- Using your iPhone, search for "Penfinancial" in the App Store
- Select the app icon, and verify that the author of the app is Penfinancial
- Tap the icon marked "Free," then tap again when it changes to "Install"
- Enter your App Store password and you're done!
For Android™ users:
- Using your Android phone, tap the search icon and search for "PenFinancial Credit Union" on Google Play™
- Select the app icon, and verify that the author of the app is PenFinancial Credit Union
- Tap the icon marked "Install," then tap "Accept" in the next screen
What is QuickView?
The unique QuickView feature displays the balances of your selected accounts at any time the app is open, without needing to login first.
Does the QuickView feature automatically display my balances?
The default setting of the QuickView feature is "Off". You can turn on QuickView under Settings / Preferences on the mobile app.
Will the mobile app work if I have a shared or joint account?
Yes. Just enter your account details as you normally would.
Will I still see my Personal Access Image when I log in?
No. Since the authenticity of the app is already verified by Apple / Google Play, you won't have to go through this step to access your accounts and start banking.
If my phone is lost or stolen, will my information be at risk?
Your account can only be accessed by entering your personal access code. However, if you've activated the QuickView feature, your account balances will be visible. For additional security, we recommend you keep your iPhone password protected. Please note: at any time, you can stop the mobile app from accessing your account information by un-pairing it on our banking website. As a rule, you should contact your mobile carrier right away to deactivate your phone. You may also change your personal access by contacting us at 1-888-273-3488 .
I'm using a different brand of smartphone. Can I still access mobile banking?
Yes. You can continue to bank using our full-featured mobile site at: www.penfinancial.com/m/
How do I remove the app from my iPhone?
For iPhone users: removing the app is as easy as tapping and holding your finger down on the PenFinancial Credit Union Mobile App icon, then tapping the "X" in the top right corner.
For Android users: if you've installed an app on your phone or tablet using Google Play that you no longer want, you can uninstall it by following these steps:
- Visit your device's Settings menu > Apps or Application manager (this may differ depending on your device).
- Touch the app you'd like to uninstall.
- Select Uninstall.